19 January 2008

The Idea of India

Welcome to my Blog ya'll, and, if you're here, Thank You.



I'm on my way to India, January 30th. People have been asking me if I'm going just to travel, and the answer is no. I'm going to India for several reasons. One is to study yoga for two months in Mysore. Mysore is in Southern India, and it's world known for its yogis. It's an intense course of study involving twice a day yoga practice, my teacher himself studied under B.K.S. Iyengar, and completion of the course includes a Yoga Alliance teacher's certification. I've got some designs for possibly teaching yoga when I return to the states, but more than being a teach I see taking this course as a challenge building me up from my center. After studying yoga in Mysore I'm planning to head into the Himalayas. I plan on doing some social work there, teaching, helping however I can in with poor villages and displaced Tibetans. In my dreams I'll find my way onto a Himalayan expidition as a photographer. Photography is another large reason to go to India; I see India as an opportunity to do more with photography than just take pictures. Perhaps the photos I take in India can be used by non-profits, or simply to take others where I have been. This is a big journey for me. I'm not sure how it's going to work out, I'm not sure how long it's going to take. All I know is the time is right for me to go. So, if you're curious, check back. I'll keep posting.

4 comments:

bAIR said...

way to go monkey man! safe travels to you :)

Alex said...

You are one person I know that has the peace of mind in knowing that all you have touched support you in all that you do.

Nate B said...

Ethan, it is such a privilege to gather this glimpse into your life. Thank you for posting and for sharing... here on the blog... but thank you for sharing your life and passion with those that you are with daily.

It is wonderful to see you finding your way and your core self and living out of that. I will follow your journey. I'm excited for the things that will come your way.
Peace. Nate

Megan&Jeff said...

have a wonderful time. good luck to you and good to hear from you.