01 February 2008

I've Landed

OK: My internal clock is totally whacked. The last time I remember sleeping besides odd naps on airlines was the night before I left three days ago. I made it to Bangalore fine, but the backpack I checked did not. I'm not sure when it will find me here in Mysore. Things have come together nicely though besides the airline losing my luggage. I met some nice Sweedes on the plane also coming to study yoga in Mysore and we got a taxi here for cheep. It was, however, the most harrowing cab ride I've ever been on, and I was sure we were going to have head on collisions every minute. I haven't found a room for my two months yet but I feel sure living quarters will fall into place soon. In the meantime I have a room at the yoga center. My yoga guru Bharath is pretty much the coolest person, and I felt more calm the minute I met him. I've met several other course mates, and we're a very international bunch so far: America (just me) Ireland, Belgium, and Delhi India. It's 4:10 PM here but to my body it's 5:40 AM; there are 13.5 hours difference from North Carolina to Bangalore, so when I try to go to bed my body is going to be trying to wake up. I am only conscious now because of a lot of chai, wonderful stuff. India is very different than home, but being here is a dream come true. There is so much to learn, so much I have yet to experience. I'll take some pictures and post them soon. Much Love, Ethan

2 comments:

Ashtanga Yoga Bend said...

Those drives from Bangalore to Mysore (or to anywhere for that matter) are pretty frightening. We never did like them -- not in the least. But, it's all part of the experience -- right? Well yea, until some gets hurt. Did you see any smashed vehicles on the road side? We've seen too many of those.

But, we were surprised that the road is still freaky. Hasn't the "double road" been finished -- or are there still a few places where the the road work is incomplete?

Keep posting and don't get busted by the cops at any of those crazy yoga parties. Those yoga travelers can be pretty hedonistic! The serious yogis are more difficult to meet cos they keep to themselves...

Chelsea-B-Jolly said...

I am so impressed with your photos Ethan. You are such a prolific writer...I think I've said that before. I enjoy living vicariously through your blog. I miss you. Warm regards from Portland.